Wednesday, August 11, 2010

He..he..he..he..hooooo

37 weeks and 4 days...Baby Earl is officially full term and could come any time now.

Last weekend Coach Auntie Sandy and I attended the birth preparation class at Valley Medical Center. Saturday was a long day, 9-5, and we learned all about labor, delivery, toured the labor and delivery rooms, what to expect after birth and how to take care of yourself. It was a great day and I learned quite a bit, of course we also watched multiple birthing stories and talked about life for baby when she first arrives. Sunday was a half a day, and I was pooped, after all it was like working through the weekend - getting up and sitting in uncomfortable chairs for 8+ hours, and it was really more about taking care of baby from how to change a diaper, to how to dress them and bathe them - all the stuff I am most confident in.



I am glad we attended. I have been feeling pretty nervous about the labor process; will I know what is happening, will I know what to do, will I be able to handle the pain.....all quite normal concerns and thoughts, or so I am told :). And yes logically I know the signs of labor - contractions and such will be obvious, but I think the whole not being able to plan for when it will happen and just the fact I have never experienced a gush of water from my area or anything more than severe menstrual cramps just adds to the anxiety or nerves.

Also, while I am so excited to meet Baby Earl and day dream every day and dream every night about her face, her hair, her voice, holding her, and kissing her....I have to admit I think I will be a little sad to not be pregnant anymore. I wanted this for so long, I dreamt about being pregnant and it has been so enjoyable that I think it is also natural that I will mourn this phase of our life together ending. But my faith tells me to yes mourn the ending of this stage, but be thankful that I really did get to experience pregnancy. Still at 37 weeks, I sometimes will be sitting by myself at work or in the car, or laying in bed and think "I can not believe I am actually having a baby. I really am pregnant." Silly, but true.

So right now, I am just taking it day by day. I feel that I am prepared for her, her room is 90% ready, my house is getting a deep cleaning (thank you Tracy) to prepare for her arrival tomorrow, I have our bags packed for the hospital (mostly). I know what to expect as far as how labor progresses, and now what a mess I will be and the long list of stuff I will have to do to take care of me after birth. The plans are in place who to call, and when. So now we wait for her arrival. Of course I am hoping for the 23rd, it would be amazing to have her on Grammie's birthday plus Dr. Brown is on vacation until then. For now just my plan is to try to stay rested, relaxed and just enjoying these last weeks of being pregnant. It makes me laugh out loud every time to see her moving in my tummy, its so amazing. I just love to feel and count her kicks, punches and turns. I am also very excited and looking forward to having my parents on standby to come be with us for a week or so and then to go home with them for sometime, especially knowing how recovery for me looks I am thankful that they will be here.

My mom (who as Alvin Jr is self-proclaimed to be always right lol) says she is coming early - between the 15th and the 19th. Baby Earl definitely has been dropping down, my waddle is unavoidable and the pressure on my lower abdomen area is very noticeable, sometimes uncomfortable and almost painful. No nesting feelings yet, though I have been more tired lately - to the point of needing to take naps. I think she will definitely come before 8/31. My guess is Baby earl will come between the 22rd and 27th of August. What is your guess?

No comments:

Post a Comment