Sunday, June 13, 2010

Whew...that was a much earned nap!

Today I finished cleaning out the bedroom to be Baby Earl's nursery, and did the rest of the normal weekend housework. 3+ hours of cleaning and 2.5 bottles of water and I barely had the energy to shower the sweat off of me. But, once I showered, made some lunch and took a nap in my clean house I am feeling much better.

I am ready to paint Earl's room, her stuff is all stacked up in the middle of the room and covered up. Now, I am just mustering up the energy to go grocery shopping :) So I am not as tired as I was in the first trimester, but I do get tired quickly these days. Yesterday I worked for a few hours, went shopping; my third store was Babies R Us, of course I stopped for one thing but walked the whole store....then stopped at Tracy's house and within minutes of sitting down, I was asleep on the couch for a good 20 minutes. I was beat.

I keep thinking that I just can't believe Baby Earl will be here in about 10 weeks, maybe less or maybe more, but either way it is going by so fast! So we'll see what else I can get done today, there is always tomorrow right? :) Actually I am still craving fish, so I think the craving will beat the fatigue today and I will get the shopping done too.

Mom will be here a week from Friday which makes me/us very happy! When I saw her last weekend we weren't sure if she could feel Earl kicking, but there is no doubt now that anyone can feel her moving around. She is so active that I keep doing the kick counting like the books suggest (I started early than 29 weeks of course) and most of the time I get over 10 in 15 minutes or less, and the test says you need to feel 10 in an hour! That was probably the best part of today, I mean it feels good getting stuff done, and I cant wait to finish her room, but I so love when I can just sit or lay down, all alone in the peace and quiet of my house and feel her move around. Sometimes I hold my tummy or rub it, and talk or sing to her, I so treasure this time alone with my daughter. It's such a gift, it feels so amazing to just feel her move but now to know she is almost here, and that she is mine...I just cant wait to meet her!

I read Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy the other day, a quick and funny read. She talks about all the stuff no one wants to talk about that you deal with during pregnancy. I still feel like I have had a wonderful pregnancy, other than some nausea but no vomiting, a few mood swings, lots of tears, tiredness and heartburn I have not had it nearly as rough as I know some women do. For this I am also very thankful, but sometimes I think that I waited so long for this, prayed so hard for it to happen that even if it was worse I could never be one of those women who hated being pregnant or complained about being miserable all the time....because this means so much to me, how could I not enjoy every moment of this amazing gift.



Anyway, enough rambling, gotta keep moving! Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment