Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Suprise Visit!

I was so lucky to have Bear, Tiff and the kids for 2 days at my house. Tiff needed her passport so they could go on their trip to Canada this weekend to celebrate their - 6th Wedding Anniversary! So Bear called Monday morning, and they were here Monday night at my house.

Let me tell you, I just love them all so much and Silas, Emmitt and Elise are just too precious. Silas and Elise are so alike, and Emmitt, well he does not only look like his dad but so reminds me of him, the resemblance is uncanny but the personality resemblance I have to say is quite strong too - at least from my memory of Bear at that age. Emmitt has this amazing bashful, boyish smile that just melts your heart. Silas and Elise meanwhile are non-stop talkers and it is so great! At breakfast Tuesday morning Elise was all smiles "Hi Mim!", too cute and Silas was quick to tell me "Hey Auntie Mim, um, you burned the bacon." Which I had, but hey I am used to cooking for 1 not 6! I can say with certainty I had never cooked that much bacon at one time in my house. :) We enjoyed a great day on the waterfront in Seattle, I got to take the day of work, and it didn't even rain on us! And the cutest was at one point or another all 3 of the little ones called me either "Grandpa" or "Yaya" - they usually only get to see me when I am with my mom, so that made sense, but by this morning when they left Elise was calling me not just Mim but Auntie Mim!





Of course it was great to also get time with Bear and Tif, just to visit and relax. They are such wonderful parents, they have such a loving marriage and just being around them makes you feel closer to God.

So while the visits are never long enough, I am so very thankful for the short time we had together. I love this aspect of my brother and his wife - they are spontaneous and just pick up and go - all 5 of 'em! It really made my week. And times like these really make me think about living so far away from them, and my parents. Baby Earl has got to grow up knowing this wonderful part of her family, spending as much time with them as possible...it's definitely something I think about all the time, especially when I came home tonight and my house was so empty without those 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment