Monday, March 22, 2010

Let the countdown begin!

Just 3 more weeks to the 20 week ultrasound where we should get confirmation that Baby Earl is a girl! ALSO that means I will be halfway thorugh the pregnancy. I cant believe it! Its just so exciting!

So I went to Spokane for a quick visit, suprised my dad, Bear, Tiff & the kids, only my mom knew I was coming. I really needed some face to face time with my mom, she really is my closest friend in the whole world and she is definitely my biggest supporter and biggest fan. After a stressful week last week and not having seen her since February, I really just needed to be around her. My mom has that kind of genuine and caring spirit, it is healing just to be in her presence. And of course spending time with her makes me really think about moving to Spokane once the baby is here, becuase I would love for BE to have a special relationship with mom, for them to be as close as we are. But it isnt that simple, and moving to Spokane entials many other changes and not all of them so positive. Its just hard to imagine not sharing every moment of this baby with my mom, she is one of just a few people in this world who truly know me and who wholeheartedly understand just what this baby means to me.

I had a great time with the fam, and was so glad to see Bear and his gorgeous family. Silas and the twins grow up so much and change inbetween each and every visit....(pics on facebook!) Plus I got some really great stuff from Aunt Rosie for the baby, and for me - especially this super nice co-sleeper and a car seat!

So it was a fast weekend, and the drive was not horrible but definitley could tell the difference between non-preggers and preggers road tripping! LOL Other than a little sleepy, and a some heartburn though I feel great! Of course mom continues to make me smile and laugh, she sent an email this morning telling me she heard our song on the way to work and now we can share it with Baby Earl... I know Grammie didnt really like "our song", but she did enjoy a good laugh...besides it's not meant to me literal, but I do get my sense of humor from my mom and I hope that baby gets it too! :) For me, mom and Baby Earl:

No comments:

Post a Comment