Friday, March 12, 2010

16 weeks tomorrow...

Sometimes, I find myself in a daze, just sitting at home or work, or lying in bed thinking about this amazing thing happening in my body...I so get the fascination and habit of pregnant women rubbing their tummy's now. As my body continues to change and my belly is taking on a more rounded shape, I find myself doing the same - rubbing or holding my baby bump - wondering what Baby Earl will look like, and if it really is a girl will she have a similar sounding voice the way my mom and I do, will she be a bald-headed baby like I was until well after a year old, will I know if I have chosen the right name for her the first instant I hold her in my arms.... There is so much to think about. Plus I only have 24 weeks to get the house ready, decide where me and Baby Earl are going to live, pick a name... One plus of being a single mom as I prepare for baby is that I don't have to compromise on paint color or decorations, or names...lol.

One thing is for certain, all the books and blogs are right, I feel so much better now in the second trimester than I did the first 13 weeks. Before I was nauseous all the time, constantly tired and no energy. Now I am sleeping well but don't need as much, I have more energy to get things done and spend time with my friends, and in the last two weeks have maybe felt a little nauseous twice at most. And I feel so much more relaxed getting through that first trimester, I worry less about carrying to term, or all the things that could go wrong. Next week I have an appointment with a social worker to talk about child care options for when baby is here, and get an unbiased opinion on what will be the best choice for me and baby once she is here. I also have a second trimester blood draw, a follow up to the last one, but expecting that test to show no signs of down syndrome, T-Sachs or anything else to worry about just as the first blood tests showed.

Mostly I am just enjoying being pregnant, anticipating the arrival of this amazing baby that is all mine. I just cant wait to meet her, and at the same time being just 4 weeks from the halfway mark of pregnancy I am begining to think this is going too fast and I need to really enjoy this time with her growing inside of me. On Monday the doctor said Baby Earl weighed 4 ounces, not much but when I think back about 7 weeks ago she was the size of an olive, it is quite amazing how quickly this experience is going by. I am just so blessed, and so happy that I get to experience this.

And I cant wait to go to Spokane in 6 weeks, my parents, Papa, Barry and Tiff will be seeing the baby bump for the first time at 22 weeks - I wonder how it will be then, since I am already showing now. :) So exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment