Friday, March 5, 2010

14 weeks 3 days

Yesterday I went to see the midwife, 2nd appointment....

1. My pap showed a low grade of abnormal cells but HPV test was negative so that is very good, but need to have another pap in one year. This was such a relief since I have a long history of battling high grade pre-cancerous cerivical cells. While I am not of of the woods yet, becuase the LEEP and other procedures I have had in the past may have built up scar tissue that prevents a natural child birth, this is awesome news for both me and Baby right now.

2. Of course they are worried about my weight and don’t want me to gain any more than a few more pounds for the remaining 26 weeks, I was advised to walk 4-5 days a week for 40 minutes, and start a prenatal water exercise class and a whole bunch of food suggestions. Being overweight and pregnant does have some added potential complications. But I aam just going to continue to eat ealthy, stay as active as possible and do everything I can to keep us both healthy.

3. They couldn’t get a clear sound of Baby Earl’s heartbeat – at the midwife center they only use a Doppler heat monitor they don’t due ultrasounds on site, which is a little concerning to me, but the midwife Amy said it could be becuase I am "thick" or baby is just moving to much, she said not to worry since she could feel my uterus was definately enlarged and had grown since my last appointment. Since they couldn’t hear it with their equipment, they scheduled an ultrasound on Monday at 11:15 to make sure the heart beat is what it should be.

4. My next midwife appointment is in 6 weeks, April 14th and the Ultrasound place will be calling me to schedule my 20 week ultrasound (find out the sex at this one) probably will be on April 9th or 12th. After the 14th, my midwife appointments go to every 4 weeks which means, I should be able to take my mom and dad ( who will be in for Snookie's graduation from college!) to the following appointment on May 10th, if they let me go a couple days early - which is very exciting.

All in all, I am feeling pretty good. Obviously I am a little concerned and bummed about the heart beat, so I just have to be strong and stay positive that Baby Earl is fine and wait out the weekend. And of course it never feels good to be scolded for being so overweight so that is kind of a downer, but I am really happy all my other blood work, pap smear and blood pressure are perfect.

The due date is now officially 8/31/10, which puts me at 14 weeks 3 days as of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment