Monday, February 1, 2010

Papa's 85th Birthday

Over the weekend, I flew to Spokane then we went to Inchelium to celebrate Papa's 85th Birthday! I had waited all this time to tell him the news of my pregnancy, because I wanted to tell him in person.

My Mom and Aunties were busy in the kitchen getting ready for his party, so I went to living room and kneeled by his chair to tell him my good news. He was really suprised and it took a minute for it to sinnk in, he said "Well isn't that somethin'!".... A few minutes later Auntie Sandy asked him what he thought about the news, after he had time to process it, and he said "It sure is great. I was wonderin' if she was ever going to get married or have a baby, now she wont be an old maid." Papa giggled, and we all laughed. He congratulated me and gave me a big hug.



It was amazing to get to get to tell him in person, his reaction was precious and I will never forget that day. I often imagine what Grammie would say, I know she would be elated and spoiling the baby already. She wished for so long for me to have a baby before she passed away, and I know she is just so happy for me in Heaven right now. Buy boy do I wish she was here with us for this, especially if Baby Earl is born on her brithday - she would have really loved that.

No comments:

Post a Comment