Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The first appointment

Today we had our first appointment at the Midwife Center at Valley Medical in Renton. I had been pretty nervous and excited, of course Tracy went with us but it was some what of a let down... It was ALL paperwork, my history, my social life, etc. No heartbeat or ultrasound, still too early. But the good news is I am on track as far as prenatal care, vitamins, diet, etc. The nurse was most impressed with my quitting smoking cold turkey, before I even took the first pregnancy test. Yay!

We go back next Thursday to meet with a midwife for the "New OB" exam, which is another hour long appointment. Again no ultrasound next week, they want to wait until at least week 11 for that and testing. So no blood drawing either for a couple weeks which is great!

The facility itself is nice, easy to get to from work. The women were all friendly and full of smiles. I cant wait to go back and learn more. Even sitting in the office today with the nurse, it was surreal - Is this really happening?

Grammie was once again heavy on my mind today. She would be so thrilled, and I know she is surely just smiling and happy for me in Heaven. When I start having moments of doubt or start worrying about all that could go wrong, I think of her and how she wanted this as much as me, and I can nearly hear her whispering in my ear "God is good Mimmy, God is good".

No comments:

Post a Comment